At Pyrcroft Grange, we believe that high-quality Music lessons will inspire children to show an appreciation of all genres of music as well as developing their own skills through composition and performance.
Our Music is fully-inclusive, enabling a universal language to be spoken by all our pupils. We provide a music education that empowers individuals to partake in one of the highest art forms, that promotes self-confidence, self-esteem and gives all pupils a sense of achievement.
We do this through providing opportunities for appreciation, composition and singing alongside new opportunities and chances to showcase talents within and beyond our school community. We are committed to inspiring children to develop a life-long love of music, develop creativity, imagination and fostering talents.
Teachers are supported to plan an inspiring curriculum which allows our children to be confident in developing their skills into becoming enthusiastic musicians. As part of the planning process teachers will plan for
- Knowledge and vocabulary that the children will need to master.
- A cycle of lessons for each subject, which carefully plans for progression and depth through Charanga.
- Challenge questions for pupils to apply their learning in a philosophical/open manner;
- Trips and visiting experts who will enhance the learning experience;
- Focus Music teaching with resident musicians in Key Stage 2 with the opportunities to perform within the school and the wider community.
Our Music Curriculum is high quality, well thought out and is planned to demonstrate progression. If children are keeping up with the curriculum, they are deemed to be making good or better progress. In addition, we measure the impact of our curriculum through the following methods:
- A reflection on standards achieved against the planned outcomes;
- A celebration of learning for each term which demonstrates progression across the school;
- Pupil discussions about their learning; which includes discussion of their thoughts, ideas, processing and evaluations of work.