About Our School
Pyrcroft Grange Primary School is set within a quiet area of Chertsey and is close to the attractive woodland area of St Ann’s Hill.
The school has seven classes and a specialist centre for Communication and Interaction Needs (COIN). We’re an inclusive school and ensure that all children’s contributions and successes are valued and celebrated. There is a large field, playground and all-weather pitch set within the school grounds. These areas provide open spaces for children to play during break times and lunchtimes and are well utilized for PE lessons and after school clubs. We have developed a range of features on the playground, including play equipment, designated ball games areas, a trim trail, a key stage 1 football area, a stage and quiet areas for children who want to sit and talk or read a book. Shaded areas are available in the playground. Within the grounds, we have developed school gardens, including a sensory garden and allotment areas which are well maintained by our fantastic gardening club. Children in our Reception class have an exciting outdoor learning environment that promotes the development of active, independent, inquisitive learners.
In addition to the attractive outdoor environment, the school has a range of IT resources to offer pupils. Every classroom has an interactive whiteboard which are well used by teachers and pupils to enhance teaching and learning. Every class teacher is equipped with an I pad to capture memorable moments of learning and an I pad trolley holding 30 I pads which are used as a learning tool in daily teaching. We also have a dedicated IT suite where children are encouraged to develop their skills and use computers to support other areas of learning.
Since joining the Bourne Education Trust in December 2013 the school learning environment has undergone an amazing transformation and now promotes an environment that has the children at the heart and celebrates children’s achievements and successes. Children at Pyrcroft Grange Primary School are taught in a well-equipped, stimulating environment by a team of talented and dedicated staff.
A centre of excellence for teaching and learning which unlocks the potential of every child through an inclusive, value-based curriculum.
Our Mission Statement
Enjoy and achieve:
- We will provide outstanding, quality learning, to promote standards of excellence.
- We will support, guide and challenge all children so they reach their full potential.
- All children will have equal opportunities.
- We will support all children to value themselves.
- Our school motto is Dream Believe Work Achieve
Make a positive contribution:
- All children will become confident, independent enquirers, reflective thinkers who participate in lifelong learning.
- We will promote diversity, trust and inclusion.
- We will foster the active involvement of parents and governors.
- We will build a strong partnership with the community, encouraging a positive community spirit.
- We will encourage children to respect each other and be considerate.
Achieve economic well-being:
- We will offer the children a creative curriculum underpinned by values that will help them live and work in a democratic society.
- We will encourage all children to become active citizens, building a role in the community.
- We will ensure all children are aware of health and ecological issues.
- We will teach children to value themselves and others, to take pride in their achievements and respect themselves.
- We will provide a safe, secure, caring and welcoming environment for learning and growing.