Our Specialist Centre for Communication & Interactive Needs (COIN)
The Specialist Centre for Communication and Interaction Needs (COIN) at Pyrcroft Grange supports children, from 4 to 11 years of age, who have a variety of complex needs.
The primary provision for our COIN is to support children on the Autistic Spectrum, although we can also cater for children with other needs. Children in the Centre have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
The COIN aims to ensure that every child:
- Will learn happily within a positive, developmental, supportive and inclusive educational environment
- Will be supported in partnership with parents and carers
- Will receive a positive balance of social, emotional, academic, sensory and physical development
- Will develop the skills and ability required in order to learn and communicate constructively with other children and adults in both individual and small group situations
- Will acquire the necessary skills to develop a range of friendship groups
- Will develop skills to become an independent learner
- Will learn to use any specialist equipment supplied effectively
- Will become an active and valued member of the school community
- Will exceed expectations and meet their full potential
To read our full COIN policy, please see Policies under Our School section of the website.
Applications to join the COIN at Pyrcroft Grange are open to children with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Applications should be made online or you can request a form from your case officer. Applications for children seeking a place at a specialist school or specialist centre provision will then be considered at the appropriate admissions forum and your case officer will notify you of the outcome.